Some other options we can use in “/etc/exports” file for file sharing is as follows.
- ro: With the help of this option we can provide read only access to the shared files i.e clientwill only be able to read.
- rw: This option allows the client server to both read and write access within the shared directory.
- sync: Sync confirms requests to the shared directory only once the changes have been committed.
- no_subtree_check: This option prevents the subtree checking. When a shared directory is the subdirectory of a larger file system, nfs performs scans of every directory above it, in order to verify its permissions and details. Disabling the subtree check may increase the reliability ofNFS, but reduce security.
- no_root_squash: This phrase allows root to connect to the designated directory.
For more options with “/etc/exports“, you are recommended to read the man pages for export.
nfs, rpcbind auto start on boot
chkconfig --level 35 rpcbind on chkconfig --level 35 nfs on